The Sunshine Millions Turf
10th @ Gulfstream
2. Silver Tree...118/Prado...Doesn't really appear fast enough. He did win Virginia Derby and finished well in the Hollywood Derby. I guess it all depends on how much he has matured while turning 4. 4th at best.
3. Adminniestrator...120/Pedroza....He's coming in off of his first start in nearly a year. Only raced 3 times in 03 and I don't know what the problem was. Comeback effort was okay, but not enough to launch him here. 7 year-old usually gives a good account of himself. Another possible for 4th.
4. Ballonenostrikes...118/Bravo...Hasn't proven himself fast enough to tackle these. Did finish second over this course in his grass debut in a maiden affair.
5. Hear No Evil...118/Garcia...Slight grass form lags far behind his dirt form, which would be competitive. Won a $75k grass stake at Tampa last year. Can't recommend here off of that.
6. Stormy Roman...120/Aguilar...Appears better in the shorter minor stakes.4-1-1-0 over this course and had a nice work here on Wednesday. Possible for minor placing.
7. Magic Mecke...118/Coa...Hasn't run an off effort since May of last year. Again though, probably not fast enough for the win here. Better suited to lower ranks.
8. Special Matter...120/Baze...Knocking on the door but I've got to believe the trip has taken a bit out of him A repeat of his last would put him close. Might like the softer GP surface better than what he has been racing on in Cal. Possibilities, if the trip didn't knock him out.
9. Bourbon County...122/Jauregui...I can't see him getting by all of these. Better suited to optional claiming spots. Whittingham showing nice ROI in several categories. This one will count against that.
10. Miesque's Approval...120/Velasquez C...Now we're talking! 2nd off the layoff should put him right there. Good closing kick but will it be enough? Finished 2nd in last year's Canadian Turf here. In the money if he avoids traffic trouble.
11. Proud Man...120/Douglas...Appleton should set him up perfectly for this. Not sure this is his distance, but he's in capable hands with Clement.
12. Man From Wicklow...120/Solis...I've hit some nice scores with this guy, both of them at Belmont at tremendous odds. He's getting up there now as evidenced by only 3 starts last year. Still, they were all top notch efforts in graded company. If this effort off the bench is equal to any one of those three, he blows the doors off of this field. Only negative, besides layoff, is post. He could get hung wide while trying to settle in. An awful lot to ask off of the rest. Been working smartly at Palm Meadows.
13. Music's Storm...120/Velasquez J...Not that I don't trust Pletcher and
his 19% turf win record. But he's in over it with this post and possibly even
the distance. Wait for a better spot.
14. Sir Brian's Sword...120/Santos...Might have enough speed to get into position early enough to avoid trouble. What that will take out of him is hard to tell. I've learned never to underestimate Clement, so I will consider him for a piece. Finished 2nd in an allowance over this course last year.
Miesque's Approval gives every indication he may be ready for a career best here. I'll use on top and hope for value.
Man From Wicklow need only duplicate any of his starts last year to walk with this. Price will be deciding factor.
Despite lack of good turf experience, Western Pride scares me. I'll have to use him and hope that he transfers that good dirt speed to the weeds. Outclasses most in this field
Sir Brian's Sword has speed to clear from his post, and connections are strong..
1. Miesque's Approval
2. Man From Wicklow
3. Western Pride
© 2004 bBra