The Aventura Stakes
7th @ Gulfstream
2. Big Lover...Alvarado/116...Race on November 12 would be good enough here. But he's gone back in the 2 since. Work on Dec 30 was good, but he always works good. He'll be a price, and could get some change.
3. Barcola...Decarlo/116...Won his last by 10, and had a spectacular work at Palm Meadows on Christmas Eve. He might not be ready for this, but with some time he could be a handful.
4. Doctor Decherd...Bridgmohan/116...Calumet Farm, Louis Quatorze, and Steve Asmussen. Another one that may want a later admission to the Derby Trail party.
5. Saint Daimon...Lakeman/120...Absolutely love Jerkens here this time of year. Won last drawing off, and won't mind the stretch. Ran fast enough last time to win this.
6. D'Broken Speed..Velasquez C./116...Not the best name for a thoroughbred race horse. I'll pass.
7. Catcominatcha...Castellano/120...Will appreciate the turnback at this point I think. May still be a tad slow.
8. Corinthian...Santos/116...Just broke his maiden, but son of Pulpit out of Easy Goer mare has all the right credentials. Check out his post parade. That should be key.
9. In Summation...Bailey/120...Not so sure he wouldn't like this a bit shorter.
10. Itsallboutthechase...Guidry/116...Just broke his maiden, but nice work at Palm Meadows on the 29th. Probably will need a few more.
11. Lake Kerr...Aguilar/116...Not ready for these.
12. Dixie Swinger...Prado/116...Horrid post position offset by Dutrow. Another one I'll need to see in the post parade.
13. Liquoreux...Smith/116...Might not be on this level yet.
14. Little Cliff...Bejarano/116...Looks to have promise and won't mind the distance. Post position will be killer though.
Kind of a tough race to cap, but I knew that coming in. A few more starts for each would have helped.
I'm really looking forward to seeing Corinthian on the track. I think this is well within his reach in spite of just coming out of the maiden race.
You know the Chief is going to have Saint Daimon ready for this
Doctor Decherd ran very greenly last time. Let's see if he has grown up any since November.
2. Saint Daimon
3. Doctor Decherd
Best of luck everyone!
© 2006 bBra