The 137th running of
2. Minister's Bid...Prado...This one looks dangerous, but was thrown to the lions last out. Result could be the same today, but I think he has the best chance of winning if something goes wrong with Bernardini. I will use in the pick 4 just in case. Sizzling work on the 21st. Might be closer on a dry surface.
3. Dr. Pleasure...Velasquez C...Didn't have enough to threaten the top two in the Jim Dandy. Still eligible for NW1X. Probably will not threaten here either.
4. High Cotton...Gomez...Loaded as a rabbit for Pletcher and Bluegrass Cat. They'll need to put pressure on him as a crafty ride could steal it. 10 furlongs may be a question as he has never won beyond 8 1/2. Sharp work on the 19th should have him on his toes.
5. Bernardini...Castellano...The BIG boy looks very tough here. I guess I'll always look at this guy with a little sadness after what went down in the Preakness. Take nothing from him though, he won in grand fashion and popped right back after the layoff here in the Jim Dandy and signaled his best may be yet to come.
6. Kip Deville...Bejarano...I'm not sure why he's in here as his best efforts have come over the weeds.
7. Bluegrass Cat...Velasquez JR...Nice win in the Haskell but it could be argued that he is coming back too fast for this. Not enough time to recover means that the 2nd spot, which should have easily been his, may be lost to another with better spacing.
I'm sticking with Bernardini. I think he's just going to be too tough for these.
Minister's Bid looks dangerous to complete the exacta at a decent price. No better than 4th choice I would think.
Bluegrass Cat probably needs more time to be effective. As it is he is still at least third best, possibly could get 2nd.
2. Minister's Bid
3. Bluegrass Cat
© 2006 bBra